Swing Dance Workshops are Part of Your Ticket Price!
Did you know that every ticket to the Susquehanna Folk Festival includes access to over a dozen workshops, classes and jam sessions? We’re bringing in a big dance floor…and we’re even going to teach you to swing dance!
Whether you’ve been dancing for the first time or dancing for years, the swing lesson is for you! Join Alyssa Arter, of The Victrola Dance Hall, on the dance floor during the first day of the two-fest to kick off a spectacular weekend of music and dance. No partner needed!
Alyssa’s swing lesson will introduce new folks to the foundations needed for hours and hours of dance adventure. Seasoned dancers will enjoy a dose of creativity to spice up your repertoire. No matter your background, Alyssa will have you smiling, laughing, and dancing your day away with old and new friends alike!
Purchase your weekend pass now for the July 28-29 fest!
- DAVID BROMBERG Interview by WPSU’s Art Wachter
- Rory Block’s Slide Guitar Seminar
- Claire Lynch Rhythm Class
- Shape Note Harmony Singing
- Learn to Play Ukulele
- Fiddle Traditions
- DADGAD Guitar Workshop with Daithi Sproule
- Guitar Summit
- Swing Dance
- Contra Basics
- Hip Hop Dancing
- Waltz Dancing
- Contra Dancing with calls by Kathy Anderson & Janine Smith to the music of Pete’s Posse
- Swing Dancing to music by the Quebe Sisters Band
Special thanks to the Victrola Dance Hall, 324 W. Market St., York PA. To find out more about their weekly dances, special events and private classes, go to www.TheVictrolaDanceHall.com